You heard right! We are going to be offering Pickleball at ESG. We have room for one court in our basement, and once we complete the work being done to our boiler room, we will add a second smaller practice court for perfecting your dinks!
Joan Weppler, Jennifer Thompson and Lisa Elder are conducting a pilot starting on May 8 until the end of June, so that we can iron out the kinks and then launch in the Fall. Our church basement will be used all summer by a kids’ summer camp.
Joan, Jennifer and Lisa are underwriting the costs of the net, the balls, the tape to outline the court and some racquets for folks who want to try the game.
We would like to connect with members of our ESG community who are interested in participating in this trial. Members of the congregation are welcome to bring guests during the trial period, but any group that is playing must include at least one person from ESG.
Please email Jennifer Thompson with the following info:
- Your name, email address and phone number
- What days and hours of the week would you like to play? Eg – Monday mornings at 9 AM or Thursday evening from 7-9 PM
- Which would you prefer or are you OK with either?
1. To be able to book exclusive use of the court for four players for an hour?
2. To play during an open court time frame (ie – come alone and play with whoever else is there)
There will be a charge to play as follows: $40 to book exclusive use of the court for an hour of doubles play, and $8 to play during open court which lasts 2 hours.
OPEN COURT play will be offered on Wednesday mornings 9-11 AM and Thursday afternoons 1-3 PM.
Otherwise, the court is available to be booked for exclusive doubles play Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM, which we will be confirming as we start the pilot.
We look forward to playing PB with you!