"Go where your gifts are; there you will find God."
As part of shared ministry, we encourage members of the congregation to live and grow their faith within the ESG community. We help people to identify the spiritual gifts they wish to contribute to the activities and programs that are part of the ministry of ESG. Our annual Lay Ministry Fair (usually held on the 2nd Sunday in November) is a wonderful opportunity for all of us to celebrate the many ministries of this congregation.
There are many ways to discern where you would like to share your time and talent:
- Take advantage of the Spirit Given Gifts questionnaire found at www.spiritgivengifts.com
- Discuss your interests and talents at our New Member Orientation sessions with representatives from our Growth Unit
- Join one of our many groups and attend events and talk to others about their experiences.
- Attend our Lay Ministry Fair after church in October/November of each year
- Start small by signing up to help with individual projects or events
- Check the weekly “Lay Ministry Corner” in the Announcments sheet, found inside the weekly Sunday bulletin, or look for the Lay Ministry section in ESG's newsletter, Open Doors, where members of our congregation share their stories
- You can also read more about stewardship and view on our screening process for volunteers in our Responsible Ministry Pamphlet (PDF).
Spirit Given Gifts—Sampling of the Many Ministries at ESG
Practical, Personal &
Nurturing, Caring &
- Worship Support
- Gardening/Flower Arranging
- Church Office Support
- Church School Helpers
- Technology Support
- Special Events Support
- Communication Team
- Pastoral Care Support Team
- Funeral Reception Hospitality
- Greeting members and guests at worship
- Wellness Ministry
- Outreach Projects
- Youth Confirmation Mentors
- Ministry and Personnel Liaisons
- Chairing committees or groups
- Leading Workshops
- Teaching youth and children
- Leading bible and book studies
- Assisting with strategic planning initiatives
- Participating in Search Committees
- Taking on “Champion” role for an event
- Reading scripture in worship
- Participating in Mission & Service projects
- Participating in the Week of Guided Prayer
- Attending spiritual retreats
- Singing in the choir
- Participating in special worship services
- Joining yoga and meditation groups
Do you want more information about where you might contribute to the life of this community?
Call or meet with our Coordinator of Lay Ministry, Barbara Buchanan, at 416-481-1141 ext 260
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top of Page
Last updated: September 10, 2010