Programs and Events for Adults
ESG offers many opportunities throughout the year for adults to learn, socialize, deepen personal faith, and give back to the community.
Discovering new books and films...
- ESG Reads - a monthly book discussion group
- Final Friday Films - monthly film viewings with discussion
- Canadian Film Fest - a fall all-day event
Sharing food and fellowship...
- Seniors' Luncheons - fall and spring, enjoy a delicious luncheon and reconnect with friends
- Christmas Party with Carols - an annual social event in December
- Golf Day- a day of golf plus dinner
- Pancake Supper - pancakes, sausages, and fun for all ages
- Yoga & Meditation Class - taught by a certified yoga and seniors' specialist
- Mindfulness Meditation Group - meditation in a small group setting, once per month
- Bible Study Group - a weekly lectionary study group
- Nurturing the Spirit - a Lenten speaker and discussion series
Learning from the experts...
- Embracing Aging - an ESG a speaker series
Promoting social change...
- Compassionate Justice - an ESG a speaker series
Lay Leadership is an opportunity to put faith into action, and there are so many different ways to contribute. For some people, working on a specific task, event or project fits best with their busy timetables, while others may enjoy leading or serving on a committee that meets on a regular basis throughout the year.
If you are interested in volunteering at ESG, please call Lenore Aguanno in the Lay Ministry Office at 416-481-1141 x260 or email email@example.com.
Groups for Adults
Lifelong friendships begin and flourish in our small groups! What a wonderful way to connect more deeply with those sharing similar interests and passions.
Getting Social and Giving Back
New Perspectives - A group for women age 40+ focusing on service, spiritual growth and social interaction. Meets four or five times a year, plus organizes and participates in a variety of special projects and church events.
Not Just Couples Club - This social group for all adults of the congregation and their friends usually meets for an event in the Fall, a Christmas carolling evening and a sporting event in the early Spring. Check the Event Page for details of upcoming events.
Last Minutes - A group of women 60+ focusing on service and social interaction. Four or five meetings from September to June.
Unit Church Women Unit 12 - Meets the third Thursday of the month for lunch and educational guest speakers.
Promoting Social Justice
Peace with Justice - Meets the fourth Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm to discuss concerns regarding human rights, peace and justice. Bring a bag supper.
Quilters - This hand quilting group originated 45 years ago and meets every Tuesday from 9:00am to 2:30 pm. The focus is shared interest in this creative process along with fun and fellowship. The quilts are commissioned and money is donated to the church and other charities. We welcome visitors and new members.
Choir - Do you love to sing? The ESG choir rehearses on Thursday evenings, sings during service on Sundays, and in several concerts each year. Learn more here
Sunday Morning Men’s Group - A discussion group for men focusing on current affairs and issues. Meets the second Sunday of each month at 8:15 am.
Sunday Morning Women’s Group - A discussion group for women focusing on current issues, feminism and spirituality. Meets on the second Sunday of each month at 8:00 am for a breakfast meeting.
WWIT (Wise Women in Training) - A women’s group that reads and discusses books related to faith. Meets the second Monday of the month from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.